- 20g seaweed
- 6 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 2tbs coconut oil
- 1 inch turmeric root
- 1 inch ginger
- 170g chestnuts, cooked
- 50g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 250ml oat cream
- 2 x400g coconut tins
- Soak the seaweed, sundried tomatoes and sunflower seeds in filtered water for at least an hour. Leave to one side.
- Marinade the turmeric root and ginger in coconut oil for at least an hour. Leave to one side.
- Just before serving, switch on the hob. Place the spiced coconut oil in a large saucepan. Add the shiitake mushrooms and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the oat cream and coconut tin. Bring to the boil. Switch off the heat.
- Add the seaweed, sundried tomatoes, sunflower seeds and chestnuts.
- Season and serve immediately
• No cholesterol
• High in manganese
• High in potassium
• High in vitamin C
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published 2 December 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society