- 20g seaweed
- 6 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 2tbs coconut oil
- 1 inch turmeric root
- 1 inch ginger
- 170g chestnuts, cooked
- 50g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 250ml oat cream
- 2 x400g coconut tins
- Soak the seaweed, sundried tomatoes and sunflower seeds in filtered water for at least an hour. Leave to one side.
- Marinade the turmeric root and ginger in coconut oil for at least an hour. Leave to one side.
- Just before serving, switch on the hob. Place the spiced coconut oil in a large saucepan. Add the shiitake mushrooms and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the oat cream and coconut tin. Bring to the boil. Switch off the heat.
- Add the seaweed, sundried tomatoes, sunflower seeds and chestnuts.
- Season and serve immediately
• No cholesterol
• High in manganese
• High in potassium
• High in vitamin C
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published Summer 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society
EthiVegan Day Retreat with Edward Daniel
Saturday 15 July 2017 – Awaken to the Fifth Dimension, Highbury, London with Edward Daniel – places limited to 8 – click here
Saturday 23 September 2017 – Awaken to the Fifth Dimension, Highbury, London with Edward Daniel – places limited to 8 – click here
Talks by Edward Daniel
Wednesday 26 July 2017 to Sunday 30 July 2017 – Queer Spirit Summer Festival, Thoulstone Park, Wiltshire
Thursday 10 August 2017 to Sunday 13 August 2017 – Raw Fest 2017, Sunninghill, Berkshire
Friday 26 August 2017 to Sunday 27 August 2017 – Berlin Vegan Festival, Germany
Saturday 16 September 2017 – London Viva!
Saturday 30 September 2017 – National Veg Food and Lifestyle Festival, Manchester
Sunday 19 November 2017 – Edinburgh Vegan Festival
Sunday 26 November 2017 – Brighton Vegan Festival
Saturday 17 March 2018 – London Viva