- 250g maftoul
- 500ml filtered water
- 1spring onion
- bunch of parsley
- 1 grapefruit
- 100g grapes
- 1tbs caraway seeds
- 1tbs red wine vinegar
- 1tbs maple syrup
- ½ lime, juice
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- Place the maftout in a bowl in a steamer and cover with the filtered water. Steam for about 25 minute until the water is absorbed.
- Chop the onion and parsley. Cut the grapes in two and deseed. Remove the skin and pith of the grapefruit and cut into chunks.
- Grind the caraway seeds.
- Combine the vinegar, maple, lime juice and oil and add the caraway seeds.
- Once the maftout is soft and fluffy place in with the dressing in a large bowl.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large serving bowl.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published 2 December 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society