- 1 medium pineapple
- 1tbs coconut oil
- 1tbs white wine vinegar
- 1tsp paprika powder
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- few basil leaves
- 400g ciabatta bread
- Peel the skin off the pineapple. Place the pineapple in a Spiralizer. Use the ribbon cut blade. Spiral the pineapple.
- Place the spiralled pineapple in a tray. Drizzle on the coconut oil and white wine vinegar. Sieve the paprika powder all over.
- Place the pineapple in the oven at a low temperature, enough to be able to put your hands in the oven without burning. Leave for about an hour.
- Chop the shallots, and mix with the garlic.
- Slice the ciabatta into strips.
- Place the pineapple in a bowl and mix in the shallot mixture.
- Place the pineapple mixture onto the ciabatta.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published 2 December 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society