- 100g pumpkin seeds
- 150g dates, destoned
- 50g coconut, shredded
- 125g cocoa butter
- 200g rhubarb
- 50g unrefined raw cane sugar
- 250ml oat cream
- Line the base of 9-inch round loose-bottomed cake tin with baking paper.
- Soak the pumpkin seeds in water for about 20 minutes. Set to one side.
- Melt the cocoa butter in a baine marie or in a glass bowl perched over warm water over a stove. Make sure that the butter stays in the bowl. Keep stirring until melted.
- Chop the rhubarb finely before placing into a food processor. Blend in the sugar and oat cream. Add the melted cocoa butter and transfer to a bowl. Set to one side.
- Drain the pumpkin seeds and add to the food processor with the coconut and dates. Blend until the mixture is bound.
- With the flat side of the spatula press the pumpkin mixture into the round cake tin and smooth into a flat base. Cover with baking paper or clingfilm and place in the refrigerator for about an hour to allow to set.
- Use the flat side of the spatula to smooth over the rhubarb mixture to the pumpkin mixture base.
- Return to the fridge for about a further hour and serve.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published Summer 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society
EthiVegan Day Retreat with Edward Daniel
Saturday 15 July 2017 – Awaken to the Fifth Dimension, Highbury, London with Edward Daniel – places limited to 8 – click here
Saturday 23 September 2017 – Awaken to the Fifth Dimension, Highbury, London with Edward Daniel – places limited to 8 – click here
Talks by Edward Daniel
Wednesday 26 July 2017 to Sunday 30 July 2017 – Queer Spirit Summer Festival, Thoulstone Park, Wiltshire
Thursday 10 August 2017 to Sunday 13 August 2017 – Raw Fest 2017, Sunninghill, Berkshire
Friday 26 August 2017 to Sunday 27 August 2017 – Berlin Vegan Festival, Germany
Saturday 16 September 2017 – London Viva!
Saturday 30 September 2017 – National Veg Food and Lifestyle Festival, Manchester
Sunday 19 November 2017 – Edinburgh Vegan Festival
Sunday 26 November 2017 – Brighton Vegan Festival
Saturday 17 March 2018 – London Viva