- 400g apricots
- 75g unrefined raw cane sugar
- 200g almonds
- 25g linseed, grounded
- ½tsp almond essence
- 100ml oat cream
- 50g dried apricots
- 75g coconut oil
- 250g “00” doppio flour
- 25g unrefined raw cane sugar
- 100ml filtered water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Soak the almonds in filtered water. Grid the linseeds. Set to one side.
- Place the flour, coconut oil, sugar and water. Combine using a dough hook until well kneaded. This should be about 10 minutes.
- Line a flan tray with olive oil.
- On a flat surface covered with flour, roll the dough into a circle, wide enough to cover the flan and over the edges of the flan tray. Line the dough in the flan tray.
- Top tip – the dough will start to spring back during the baking process.
- Prick the dough with a fork all over the dough base.
- Top tip – pricking the dough helps ensure that the air bubbles are kept to a minimum.
- Cook the dough for about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set to one side.
- Drain the water from the almonds. Place the almonds into a food process with the apricots (not the dried), cream, sugar, linseeds and almond essence. Whizz to desired consistency.
- Pour the almond mixture into the flat tray. Smooth over with a spatula. Refrigerate in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve with the dried apricot garnish.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published Summer 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society
EthiVegan Day Retreat with Edward Daniel
Saturday 15 July 2017 – Awaken to the Fifth Dimension, Highbury, London with Edward Daniel – places limited to 8 – click here
Saturday 23 September 2017 – Awaken to the Fifth Dimension, Highbury, London with Edward Daniel – places limited to 8 – click here
Talks by Edward Daniel
Wednesday 26 July 2017 to Sunday 30 July 2017 – Queer Spirit Summer Festival, Thoulstone Park, Wiltshire
Thursday 10 August 2017 to Sunday 13 August 2017 – Raw Fest 2017, Sunninghill, Berkshire
Friday 26 August 2017 to Sunday 27 August 2017 – Berlin Vegan Festival, Germany
Saturday 16 September 2017 – London Viva!
Saturday 30 September 2017 – National Veg Food and Lifestyle Festival, Manchester
Sunday 19 November 2017 – Edinburgh Vegan Festival
Sunday 26 November 2017 – Brighton Vegan Festival
Saturday 17 March 2018 – London Viva