- 1.5kg marrow
- 2tbs tahini
- 1tbs tamari
- 1tbs caraway seeds
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- couple of gloves of garlic, chopped
- few sprigs of coriander (28g)
- pinch of salt
- For topping
- 1kg potatoes
- 250ml vegan cream
- 25g nutritional yeast flakes
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the marrow in a food processor and roughly chop.
- Mix together the tahini, tamari, caraway seeds, tomatoes, large shallot, garlic, coriander and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the marrow and combine well.
- Add the coconut oil. Mix well.
- Line a large ovenproof tray with the marrow mixture.
- Grate the potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl with the cream and nutritional yeast flakes. Blend well and place on top of the marrow.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes until the potato crust turns a golden yellow colour.
- Serve warm.
• No cholesterol
• High in dietary fiber
• High in vitamin C
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Writer of “The Beginner’s Survival Guide to Veganism” to be published June 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Lightworker | Presenter of “The Urban Forager”| Chef | Columnist | Corporate Commercial TMT Solicitor | Outgoing Chair, The Vegan Society
Subscribe to the EthiVegan channel – www.youtube.com/ethivegan
For more information about Edward, Meet the author – http://www.ethivegan.com/meet-the-author-edward-daniel/