- 1.5kg marrow
- 2tbs tahini
- 1tbs tamari
- 1tbs caraway seeds
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- couple of gloves of garlic, chopped
- few sprigs of coriander (28g)
- pinch of salt
- For topping
- 1kg potatoes
- 250ml vegan cream
- 25g nutritional yeast flakes
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the marrow in a food processor and roughly chop.
- Mix together the tahini, tamari, caraway seeds, tomatoes, large shallot, garlic, coriander and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the marrow and combine well.
- Add the coconut oil. Mix well.
- Line a large ovenproof tray with the marrow mixture.
- Grate the potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl with the cream and nutritional yeast flakes. Blend well and place on top of the marrow.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes until the potato crust turns a golden yellow colour.
- Serve warm.
• No cholesterol
• High in dietary fiber
• High in vitamin C
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published 2 December 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society