- 4tbs flaxseeds, ground
- 300ml vegan milk
- 16g fresh yeast (or 5g dry yeast)
- 100g organic stevia
- pinch of salt
- 400g “00” doppio flour
- 150g coconut oil
- 8 cardamom pods
- 150g hazelnuts
- 4 peaches
- Line the base of an ovenproof dish or deep loose-bottomed cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the flaxseed and milk in a food mixer and whizz. Add the yeast and salt.
- Remove the seeds from the pods of the cardamom and grind finely. Add to the yeast mixture with the flour. Keep whisking.
- Melt the oil in a pan if hardened and whisk into the mixture to form a smooth batter. Switch off the mixer.
- Roughly chop the peach into segments. Fold in the peaches and the hazelnuts into the batter.
- Pour the batter in the baking tray. Leave to rise for a couple of hours in a warm space.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cover the cake with foil and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until the cake is firm in the centre.
- Serve warm or chilled.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published 2 December 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society