- 100g goji berries
- 100g sultanas
- 1kg apples, bramley
- 100ml filtered water
- pinch of salt
- 4tsb flaxseeds, ground
- ½ lemon, juice and zest
- 1 cinnamon stick, ground
- 25g baobab powder
- 50g brazil nuts, chopped
- Soak the goji berries and sultanas in filtered water and set to one side.
- Core the apples to remove the seeds. Leave the apples unskinned. Place in a large saucepan with the water and salt, and cover with a lid. Cook over a medium heat and stew the apples until they soften. This will take about 10 minutes. Place in a large serving dish or in serving bowls and set to one side.
- Place in a large bowl mix the flaxseeds, lemon juice and zest, cinnamon and baobab. Smooth on top of the apple stew.
- Drain the water from the goji berries and sultanas. Decorate the remaining ingredients on top of the apple stew.
- Serve with vegan cream or ice cream.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published 2 December 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society