- 200g chick pea flour (otherwise, known as gram flour)
- 200g cashews
- 100g raw unrefined sugar
- 4 cardamoms, de-shelled
- 150g coconut oil
- In a large non-stick saucepan, sieve in the chickpea flour.
- Turn on the medium flame; gently roast the flour, stirring constantly until it turns into a golden brown colour. Be careful, not to burn the flour – which can so easily be done if you are not constantly watching the roasting that is taking place. Turn off the heat and allow to cool down.
- Take the sugar and place into a food processor. Whizz for a few seconds and set aside. Do the same with the cashews until the cashews are finely chopped.
- Separately, place the de-shelled cardamom seeds in a grinder and ground to a finely powdered texture.
- Sieve the chickpea flour into a large bowl.
- Stir in the powdered sugar, cardamom and cashews to the flour, using a spatula and make sure the ingredients are well combined.
- Heat the coconut oil, until it melts and add to the large bowl.
- Line a dish with baking powder. Fold in the fudge mixture. Spoon over with a spatula to give a flat surface.
- Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Leave in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Turn over the fudge and cut into squares. Serve.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published 2 December 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society