- 15g yeast
- 200ml filtered water
- 150g coconut oil
- 100g unrefined raw coconut sugar
- 25g matcha
- 300 “00” doppio flour
- 75g coconut flour
- 100g pecans
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 180g Celsius.
- Place the yeast in lukewarm filtered water and set to one side.
- Cream the coconut oil with the sugar in a food mixer. Add the yeast mixture. Combine well.
- Add the matcha and flour. Combine well.
- Spoon in the pecans.
- Line a baking tray with coconut oil. Line with a piece of baking parchment. Pat the mixture into the bottom and sides of the tray.
- Bake the mixture in the oven for 25 minutes. It should still have a moist texture.
- Remove from the oven and set to one side on a rack.
- Once cooled down, cut into squares.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published Summer 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society