- 200g aduki beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2tbs coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2tsp fenugreek
- 1ltr water
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- mint leaves
- Soak the aduki beans overnight in water. Drain and wash in fresh water.
- Place the onion, garlic and oil in a pressure cooker. Cook until the onion turns translucent.
- Add the fenugreek powders and form a marsala paste. Add aduki the measured water and coconut milk. Seal and place under pressure for about 15 minutes. Remove from the pressure.
- Just before serving combine in the dish with lemon juice, mint leaves and pomegranate seeds.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published 2 December 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society