- 2 litres filtered water, boiled
- 2 purple carrots medium size
- 1 beetroot
- 1 onion
- ½ bunch of coriander leaves
- 1 fresh turmeric root (1 inch), finely grated
- ½ lime
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Boil the filtered water and leave to one side.
- Peel the skin off the carrots and beetroot. Place in a food processor with the onion and coriander. Whizz until course.
- Place the carrot mixture into a blender. Add 250m of the filtered water and whizz finely.
- Place the carrot mixture with grated turmeric and lime into a large serving bowl. Add the remaining filtered water. Mix well.
- Drizzle in the olive oil.
- Season to taste.
- Serve at room temperature
• No cholesterol
• Low in sodium
• Very high in vitamin A
• High in vitamin C
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published 2 December 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society