- 2 litres filtered water, boiled
- 2 purple carrots medium size
- 1 beetroot
- 1 onion
- ½ bunch of coriander leaves
- 1 fresh turmeric root (1 inch), finely grated
- ½ lime
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Boil the filtered water and leave to one side.
- Peel the skin off the carrots and beetroot. Place in a food processor with the onion and coriander. Whizz until course.
- Place the carrot mixture into a blender. Add 250m of the filtered water and whizz finely.
- Place the carrot mixture with grated turmeric and lime into a large serving bowl. Add the remaining filtered water. Mix well.
- Drizzle in the olive oil.
- Season to taste.
- Serve at room temperature
• No cholesterol
• Low in sodium
• Very high in vitamin A
• High in vitamin C
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society
EthiVegan Day Retreat with Edward Daniel
Saturday 15 July 2017 – Awaken to the Fifth Dimension, Highbury, London with Edward Daniel – places limited to 8 – click here
Saturday 23 September 2017 – Awaken to the Fifth Dimension, Highbury, London with Edward Daniel – places limited to 8 – click here
Talks by Edward Daniel
Wednesday 26 July 2017 to Sunday 30 July 2017 – Queer Spirit Summer Festival, Thoulstone Park, Wiltshire
Thursday 10 August 2017 to Sunday 13 August 2017 – Raw Fest 2017, Sunninghill, Berkshire
Friday 26 August 2017 to Sunday 27 August 2017 – Berlin Vegan Festival, Germany
Saturday 16 September 2017 – London Viva!
Saturday 30 September 2017 – National Veg Food and Lifestyle Festival, Manchester
Sunday 19 November 2017 – Edinburgh Vegan Festival
Sunday 26 November 2017 – Brighton Vegan Festival
Saturday 17 March 2018 – London Viva!