- 2 large pok choi
- 3tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- juice of 1 orange
- 1tbs coriander seeds, grounded
- 2 star anise. grounded
- few springs of oregano, chopped finely
- salt and pepper to taste
- 20g blanched almonds
- Cut of the base of the pak choi, leaving the stem and leaves and cut into 1-centimetre shreds. Place on a large serving plate. Leave to one side.
- Make the dressing by coming olive oil, garlic, orange juice, coriander, star anise and oregano in a large bowl. Mix well and season to taste.
- When ready to serve drizzle the dressing over the pak choi.
- Garnish with blanched almonds.
- Serve at room temperature.
• No cholesterol
• High in calcium
• Very high in magnesium
• Very high in phosphorus
• Very high in vitamin A
• Very high in vitamin C
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published 2 December 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society