- 150g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- 200g coconut oil
- 50g baobab
- 50g cocoa
- 275g “00” doppio flour
- 150g raw unrefined sugar
- 100g dried apricots, chopped
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 180g Celsius.
- Place a glass bowl over boiling water (or even over a bain marie). Add the dark chocolate and melt with the coconut oil.
- Place the baobab, cocoa, flour, sugar into a food mixer. Fold in the melted chocolate with a spatula and combine well.
- Spoon in the apricots.
- Line a baking tray with coconut oil. Line with a piece of baking parchment. Pat the mixture into the bottom and sides of the tray.
- Bake the mixture in the oven for 25 minutes. It should still have a moist texture.
- Remove from the oven. Using a knife, cut into squares and set to one side.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published 2 December 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society