- 500g swede
- 250g brown rice, left over
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 tbs coconut oil
- salt and pepper to season
- Soak the swede in whole in filtered water for about 48 hours.
- Steam the rice in filtered water for about 30 minutes until cooked and set to one side in the fridge.
- When ready to eat, peel and grate the swede.
- Sauté the onion with the swede in coconut oil in a large wok until the onion turns translucent and the swede turns a rich golden colour.
- Toss in the brown rice. Season with salt and pepper. Heat for about 5 to 10 minutes under a medium heat until sufficiently warm.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published 2 December 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society