- 1kg sweet potatoes
- 2tbs coconut oil
- 2tbs linseeds, grounded
- 6tsp water
- 200g “00” doppio flour
- 100g carob powder
- 100g raisins
- 50g mixed nuts
- 250g dates, chopped
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 180g Celsius.
- Place the sweet potatoes in an ovenproof dish. Using a pastry brush, brush over the coconut oil. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until you are able to slide a knife through the potato with ease. Set to one side.
- Take the grounded linseeds and mix into a smooth paste with the water. Place into a food mixer.
- Sieve in the flour and add the carob powder. Mix well.
- Discard the skin of the sweet potatoes. And, add the potatoes to the flour. Combine well.
- Fold in the raisins, nuts and dates.
- Line a baking tray with coconut oil. Line with a piece of baking parchment. Pat the mixture into the bottom and sides of the tray.
- Bake the mixture in the oven for 20 minutes. It should still have a moist texture.
- Remove from the oven and set to one side on a rack.
- Once cooled down, cut into squares.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published 2 December 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society