- 1kg sweet potatoes
- 2tbs coconut oil
- 2tbs linseeds, grounded
- 6tsp water
- 200g “00” doppio flour
- 100g carob powder
- 100g raisins
- 50g mixed nuts
- 250g dates, chopped
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 180g Celsius.
- Place the sweet potatoes in an ovenproof dish. Using a pastry brush, brush over the coconut oil. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until you are able to slide a knife through the potato with ease. Set to one side.
- Take the grounded linseeds and mix into a smooth paste with the water. Place into a food mixer.
- Sieve in the flour and add the carob powder. Mix well.
- Discard the skin of the sweet potatoes. And, add the potatoes to the flour. Combine well.
- Fold in the raisins, nuts and dates.
- Line a baking tray with coconut oil. Line with a piece of baking parchment. Pat the mixture into the bottom and sides of the tray.
- Bake the mixture in the oven for 20 minutes. It should still have a moist texture.
- Remove from the oven and set to one side on a rack.
- Once cooled down, cut into squares.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published Summer 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Indigo Warrior | Servant to Humanity| Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society
EthiVegan Day Retreat with Edward Daniel
Saturday 15 July 2017 – Awaken to the Fifth Dimension, Highbury, London with Edward Daniel – places limited to 8 – click here
Saturday 23 September 2017 – Awaken to the Fifth Dimension, Highbury, London with Edward Daniel – places limited to 8 – click here
Talks by Edward Daniel
Wednesday 26 July 2017 to Sunday 30 July 2017 – Queer Spirit Summer Festival, Thoulstone Park, Wiltshire
Thursday 10 August 2017 to Sunday 13 August 2017 – Raw Fest 2017, Sunninghill, Berkshire
Friday 26 August 2017 to Sunday 27 August 2017 – Berlin Vegan Festival, Germany
Saturday 16 September 2017 – London Viva!
Saturday 30 September 2017 – National Veg Food and Lifestyle Festival, Manchester
Sunday 19 November 2017 – Edinburgh Vegan Festival
Sunday 26 November 2017 – Brighton Vegan Festival
Saturday 17 March 2018 – London Vivava!