- 1 pineapple
- 200g raw unrefined sugar cane
- ½ lemon, juice
- 200g “00” doppio flour
- 250g coconut oil
- 200g marmalade
- 200g almond milk
- 4tbs linseeds, grounded
- 8tbs filtered water
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 180 degrees.
- Line the base of 9-inch round ovenproof dish with oil and baking paper.
- Remove the skin of the pineapple and its core. Slice the pineapple into 1cm pieces. Layer the pineapple on top of the baking paper.
- In a separate pan, melt 50g of the coconut oil and add the half the cane sugar. Allow the cane sugar to dissolve. Stir in the lemon juice. Once melted pour over the pineapple.
- Take the grounded linseeds and mix into a smooth paste with water.
- Sift the flour into a food processor. Add the remaining oil, the linseed mixture, the marmalade and almond milk. Whisk together to form a smooth batter.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Pour the batter over the pineapple and bake for about 45 minutes until the cake is firm in the centre.
- Set the cake to one side until it has cooled down. Turn out the cake by placing an inverted plate over the top of the dish. Turn the dish and plate over in one quick action.
High in saturated fat
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Author of “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” to be published 2 December 2017. It is intended to help others as they grow and find their personal brand and assist with a new way.
What price? The planet. Ethical veganism; it’s a life choice.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media Solicitor | Former Chair, The Vegan Society