Chou-Fleur Bourguignon - Cauliflower Bourguignon
Chou-fleur Bourguignon is one of those vibrant colourful dishes. The pearl onions really complement the cauliflower. I serve this dish with mash; this soaks up the liquid. I find the burgundy wine with the herbs is welcomed intoxication.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, Paleovegan
- bouquet garni
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 5 cloves of India
- 1 cauliflower
- 750ml white burgundy wine
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1tsp tomato puree
- 300g pearl onions
- 200g chestnut mushrooms
- Place the bouquet garni in a muslin clothe.
- Marinade the cauliflower in a sealed proof container with the bouquet garni, burgundy wine and olive oil. Leave to marinade overnight.
- When ready to almost serve, transfer the cauliflower bourguignon to a large saucepan. Add the tomato puree. Bring to the boil and reduce heat. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the pearl onions and chestnut mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes until the onions and mushrooms start to soften.
- Serve immediately.