- 50ml water
- 16g yeast
- 200g raw unrefined sugar cane
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 125g coconut oil
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 cardamoms
- 300g zucchini, grated
- 100g almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a 10-inch rectangle loaf cake tin with oil and greaseproof paper.
- In a food mixer, beat the sugar, lime juice, salt, water and yeast until smooth. Set to one side for 20 minutes.
- In a grinder ground the ginger and seeds of the cardamoms. Add to the bowl.
- Sift in the flour. Continuing whizzing for a couple of minutes until combined. Then add the oil and lime zest and whizz until well combined.
- Finally, add the zucchini and almonds and whizz for about a minute.
- Place the zucchini mixture into the tin and place some foil over the top. Cook for about 45 minutes until a knife in the centre comes out clean.
- Use a knife around the side of the cake tin. Gently remove and place on a wire wrack. Allow to cool.
- Serve the cake.
• No cholesterol
• Very low in sodium
• Low in sugar
• High in saturated fat
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
If you want to uncover your purpose and live a more enriching life, why not purchase my book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism”?
Thanks for viewing my recipes and interviews.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media IT IP Solicitor | Author | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society