- 400g apricots
- 75g unrefined raw cane sugar
- 200g almonds
- 25g linseed, grounded
- ½tsp almond essence
- 100ml oat cream
- 50g dried apricots
- 75g coconut oil
- 250g “00” doppio flour
- 25g unrefined raw cane sugar
- 100ml filtered water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Soak the almonds in filtered water. Grid the linseeds. Set to one side.
- Place the flour, coconut oil, sugar and water. Combine using a dough hook until well kneaded. This should be about 10 minutes.
- Line a flan tray with olive oil.
- On a flat surface covered with flour, roll the dough into a circle, wide enough to cover the flan and over the edges of the flan tray. Line the dough in the flan tray.
- Top tip – the dough will start to spring back during the baking process.
- Prick the dough with a fork all over the dough base.
- Top tip – pricking the dough helps ensure that the air bubbles are kept to a minimum.
- Cook the dough for about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set to one side.
- Drain the water from the almonds. Place the almonds into a food process with the apricots (not the dried), cream, sugar, linseeds and almond essence. Whizz to desired consistency.
- Pour the almond mixture into the flat tray. Smooth over with a spatula. Refrigerate in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve with the dried apricot garnish.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
If you want to uncover your purpose and live a more enriching life, why not purchase my book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism”?
Thanks for viewing my recipes and interviews.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media IT IP Solicitor | Author | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society