- 250g almonds
- 200g walnuts
- 300ml filtered water
- ¼ nutmeg, ground
- 1 inch cinnamon, ground
- 6 cloves, ground
- 4tbs coconut oil
- 5tbs maple syrup
- 300g Yufka leaves
- 50g pistachios, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with oil and cover with baking paper.
- In a food processor coarsely chop the walnuts and almonds. Remove and place in a sieve over a bowl. Soak in the filtered water. This process just makes it easier to drain later. Set to one side for about 20 minutes.
- In a grinder, grind the nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves. Set to one side.
- Melt the maple syrup and coconut oil in a small pan.
- Drain the walnut and almonds and retain the milky water. Add the spices to the nuts and combine well in a bowl.
- Taking about 3 Yufka leaves line the bottom of the baking tray. Spoon on top the walnut and almond mixture. Place 3 Yufka leaves on top. Add the maple syrup mixtures using a pastry brush. Keep layering with this process. When it comes to the top layer add the remaining maple syrup mixture and drizzle on the milky liquid.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven for about 25 minutes. Five minutes before the end add the pistachios. Remove the foil. The top should have this beautiful golden colour.
- Cut into squares. Serve warm or cold with cream or ice cream.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef