- 250g almonds
- 200g walnuts
- 300ml filtered water
- ¼ nutmeg, ground
- 1 inch cinnamon, ground
- 6 cloves, ground
- 4tbs coconut oil
- 5tbs maple syrup
- 300g Yufka leaves
- 50g pistachios, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with oil and cover with baking paper.
- In a food processor coarsely chop the walnuts and almonds. Remove and place in a sieve over a bowl. Soak in the filtered water. This process just makes it easier to drain later. Set to one side for about 20 minutes.
- In a grinder, grind the nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves. Set to one side.
- Melt the maple syrup and coconut oil in a small pan.
- Drain the walnut and almonds and retain the milky water. Add the spices to the nuts and combine well in a bowl.
- Taking about 3 Yufka leaves line the bottom of the baking tray. Spoon on top the walnut and almond mixture. Place 3 Yufka leaves on top. Add the maple syrup mixtures using a pastry brush. Keep layering with this process. When it comes to the top layer add the remaining maple syrup mixture and drizzle on the milky liquid.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven for about 25 minutes. Five minutes before the end add the pistachios. Remove the foil. The top should have this beautiful golden colour.
- Cut into squares. Serve warm or cold with cream or ice cream.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
To find out more of what is happening in my life, journey, and travels – as I balance work as a full-time solicitor, being a vegan chef and creating new recipes, speaking at vegan events on animal rights, the environment, spirituality and activism in the United Kingdom and abroad, and write my next book then follow me:
Or, self-published, order your copy of my first book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” in the three part “Circle of Food” series which is currently out here. Reviews of this book can be found on Amazon here.
My second book in the “Cirlce of Food” series is entitled “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” covers animal rights/welfare and liberation (using my skills as a lawyer), spiritual chapters on living in the present, balancing the masculine and feminine, the Mandela effect, the Universal laws, and has even more recipes and poetry is out in 2020.
As I self-fund all my activities from my work as a solicitor – including self-publishing and attending events it is matter of living in alignment and the Universe in its wisdom will provide – and, of course, I have time to balance it all and simply create.
My end goal is to host my own T.V. show on vegan recipes and on veganism. Please support me in my quest.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Digital Information and Media Solicitor | Author | Poet | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society