- 500g haricot beans
- 500g beetroot
- 3 shallots
- 2tsb extra virgin olive oil
- bunch of dill
- 1tbs paprika
- 2tbs coriander powder
- 2tbs cumin powder
- 1tsp salt
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 150g breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
- Soak the beans in filtered water for a period of 24 hours.
- Cook the beans in a pressure cooker for about 15 minutes. Drain and leave to one side.
- Chop the shallots and gentle saute.
- Once the beans have cooled down, place into a food processor and roughly chop.
- Grate the beetroot and finely chop the dill.
- Place beans into a large mixing bowl. Add the beetroot, dill and remaining ingredients.
- Have a bowl to one side with lukewarm water to dip your hands into now and again.
- Mix the ingredients if your hands and taking a small handful make into a round circle. Keep repeating till you use up the mixture. Keep refridgerated until ready to eat. This mixture will keep for about a day.
- To heatup gently saute the bean burgers in oil unitl lightly browned on both sides
- Serve on its own or in a bun
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.