- 300g cranberries
- approx 300g eating apples, cored and thinly sliced
- approx 200g cooking apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 75ml port
- 250g “00” doppio flour
- 125g almonds, ground
- 175g unrefined cane sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 200g coconut oil, chilled and diced
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Soak the cranberries and apple in the port and set to one side.
- Place the flour, almonds, cane sugar and lemon in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the oil to the mixing bowl. Using your fingers gentle mix the ingredients until no longer lumpy and resembles a crumbly texture.
- Line a 9-inch cake tray with oil and place baking paper into it so that covers all sides.
- Fold in half the crumble at the base. Layer in the apple on top followed by the cranberries and the port. Cover with the remaining crumble.
- Place in the oven for about 1 hour until the top is golden and the juices bubble over the sides.
- Permit the streusel to cook and run a knife around the edges before removing and placing on a serving tray.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
To find out more of what is happening in my life, journey, and travels – as I balance work as a full-time solicitor, being a vegan chef and creating new recipes, speaking at vegan events on animal rights, the environment, spirituality and activism in the United Kingdom and abroad, and write my next book then follow me:
Or, self-published, order your copy of my first book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” in the three part “Circle of Food” series which is currently out here. Reviews of this book can be found on Amazon here.
My second book in the “Cirlce of Food” series is entitled “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” covers animal rights/welfare and liberation (using my skills as a lawyer), spiritual chapters on living in the present, balancing the masculine and feminine, the Mandela effect, the Universal laws, and has even more recipes and poetry is out in 2020.
As I self-fund all my activities from my work as a solicitor – including self-publishing and attending events it is matter of living in alignment and the Universe in its wisdom will provide – and, of course, I have time to balance it all and simply create.
My end goal is to host my own T.V. show on vegan recipes and on veganism. Please support me in my quest.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Digital Information and Media Solicitor | Author | Poet | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society