- 300g cranberries
- approx 300g eating apples, cored and thinly sliced
- approx 200g cooking apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 75ml port
- 250g “00” doppio flour
- 125g almonds, ground
- 175g unrefined cane sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 200g coconut oil, chilled and diced
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Soak the cranberries and apple in the port and set to one side.
- Place the flour, almonds, cane sugar and lemon in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the oil to the mixing bowl. Using your fingers gentle mix the ingredients until no longer lumpy and resembles a crumbly texture.
- Line a 9-inch cake tray with oil and place baking paper into it so that covers all sides.
- Fold in half the crumble at the base. Layer in the apple on top followed by the cranberries and the port. Cover with the remaining crumble.
- Place in the oven for about 1 hour until the top is golden and the juices bubble over the sides.
- Permit the streusel to cook and run a knife around the edges before removing and placing on a serving tray.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef