- 15g Seaweed (Noris) dried
- 1 whole marrow (about 1.5kg)
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1tsp chervil
- ½ tsp sumac
- 1tsp rosemary, chopped
- 25g nutritional yeast
- 1tsp salt
- 1 red onion
- 2tsb coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1tsp coriander seeds
- 1tsp mustard seeds
- pepper to season
- For the bake
- 1kg beetroots
- 1kg potatoes
- 2tbs coconut oil
- ½tsp salt
- Couple of sprigs of rosemary
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the Seaweed into a chopper to roughly chop. Remove and place in a bowl of filtered water. Set to one side.
- Skin the marrow and juice in a food processor. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the chervil, sumac, rosemary, nutritional yeast and salt to the marrow
- Sauté the onion in the coconut oil until translucent. Add the garlic, coriander and mustard and seeds continue cooking under a medium heat for a couple of minutes until the coriander seeds start to turn golden. Switch off the heat and transfer to the marrow in the bowl.
- Taking a mandolin or spiraliser, finely slice the beetroots and potatoes. Transfer to a large bowl with melted coconut oil and salt. Use a spatula to turn the sliced vegetables so that they are covered in oil.
- Line the marrow in a large ovenproof dish. Line the beetroot and potato on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. Switch off the oven and allow the oven’s heat to permit the bake to continue cooking.
- After 15 minutes remove from the oven and serve.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
If you want to uncover your purpose and live a more enriching life, why not purchase my book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism”?
Thanks for viewing my recipes and interviews.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media IT IP Solicitor | Author | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society