- 1kg pumpkin/crown prince squash
- 2tbs coconut oil
- 140g almond, ground
- 60g flaxseed, ground
- 120ml flitered water
- 275g “00” doppio flour
- 30g coconut oil
- 30ml extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch salt
- ½ cinnamon stick, ground
- ¼ fresh nutmeg, grated
- 6 cloves of India, grounded
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the pumpkin onto a baking tray. Drizzle over the coconut oil. Cook in the oven for an hour or until a knife slices through the centre. Leave to cool. Remove the skin and seeds. Set the flesh aside.
- Ground/grate the spices.
- For the base, place the flour, water and oils into a food mixer. Combine using a dough hook until well kneaded. This should be about 10 minutes.
- Line a flan tray with oil.
- On a flat surface covered with flour, roll the dough into a circle, wide enough to cover the flan and over the edges of the flan tray. Line the dough in the flan tray.
- Top tip – the dough will start to spring back during the baking process
- Prick the dough with a fork all over the dough base. Cook the base for 5 minutes in the oven. Remove.
- Place the pumpkin with almond, and flaxseed in a food processor and combine well
- Use a spatula to spoon the pumpkin mixture onto the base. Cook the pie in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
To find out more of what is happening in my life, journey, and travels – as I balance work as a full-time solicitor, being a vegan chef and creating new recipes, speaking at vegan events on animal rights, the environment, spirituality and activism in the United Kingdom and abroad, and write my next book then follow me:
Or, self-published, order your copy of my first book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” in the three part “Circle of Food” series which is currently out here. Reviews of this book can be found on Amazon here.
My second book in the “Cirlce of Food” series is entitled “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” covers animal rights/welfare and liberation (using my skills as a lawyer), spiritual chapters on living in the present, balancing the masculine and feminine, the Mandela effect, the Universal laws, and has even more recipes and poetry is out in 2020.
As I self-fund all my activities from my work as a solicitor – including self-publishing and attending events it is matter of living in alignment and the Universe in its wisdom will provide – and, of course, I have time to balance it all and simply create.
My end goal is to host my own T.V. show on vegan recipes and on veganism. Please support me in my quest.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Digital Information and Media Solicitor | Author | Poet | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society