- 1kg pumpkin/crown prince squash
- 2tbs coconut oil
- 140g almond, ground
- 60g flaxseed, ground
- 120ml flitered water
- 275g “00” doppio flour
- 30g coconut oil
- 30ml extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch salt
- ½ cinnamon stick, ground
- ¼ fresh nutmeg, grated
- 6 cloves of India, grounded
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the pumpkin onto a baking tray. Drizzle over the coconut oil. Cook in the oven for an hour or until a knife slices through the centre. Leave to cool. Remove the skin and seeds. Set the flesh aside.
- Ground/grate the spices.
- For the base, place the flour, water and oils into a food mixer. Combine using a dough hook until well kneaded. This should be about 10 minutes.
- Line a flan tray with oil.
- On a flat surface covered with flour, roll the dough into a circle, wide enough to cover the flan and over the edges of the flan tray. Line the dough in the flan tray.
- Top tip – the dough will start to spring back during the baking process
- Prick the dough with a fork all over the dough base. Cook the base for 5 minutes in the oven. Remove.
- Place the pumpkin with almond, and flaxseed in a food processor and combine well
- Use a spatula to spoon the pumpkin mixture onto the base. Cook the pie in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
thiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
If you want to uncover your purpose and live a more enriching life, why not purchase my book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism”?
Thanks for viewing my recipes and interviews.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media IT IP Solicitor | Author | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society