Raw Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
Raw Cauliflower Buffalo Wings came about because I wanted to make a nutritious snack that didn’t use white flour but instead was infused with a vegetable. Here I used zucchini and sunflower seeds to coat the cauliflower. I use a dehydrator for this recipe because it diffuses the flavours of the sundried tomatoes, oregano, garlic and chilli.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Side, Snack
Cuisine: Vegan, Raw, Paleo, Paleovegan
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 6 sundried tomatoes
- 1 whole cauliflower head
- 1 zucchini
- 1 shallot
- 1 tomato
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tbs oregano, dried
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- 1tsp light soya sauce
- Soak the sunflower seeds and sundried tomatoes separately, in filtered water and set to one side.
- Break the head of the cauliflower into small florets and set to one side.
- Place the remaining ingredients into a food processor.
- Drain the sunflower seeds and sundried tomatoes. (I normally reserve the liquid of the sundried tomatoes to make a nice gravy – there is a recipe for a cheats gravy on my EthiVegan website). Place with the remaining ingredients into a food process. Process until well blended.
- Toss the blended mixture into a large mixing bowl and baste the marinade over the cauliflower florets.
- On a dehydrator tray, place the cauliflower florets in a single layer with the marinade and dehydrate for 8 hours at 45 degrees Celsius before serving. Serve the leftover marinade separately.