Swoon as you pop this soft lush stimulant into your chops and wait as you come-up in pure ecstasy.
Tangy peppery redcurrant atop a buttery-nutty hemp almond cocoa filling laid over a velvety cacao pecan chewy biscuit to form a Redcurrant Cheesecake.
- When you’ve got a smashing dinner party to prep and you’re all jacked up to create a cracking dish
- When you’ve got a private tete-a-tete meal planned with the other half, and you want to segue into a night of pure indulgent pleasure. (I didn’t warn you)
- When you’ve got the boss and her missus coming over for dinner and you want to want to impress
Tag me on @ethivegan to show me what you’ve made and let me know you’re happy for me to share.
- 200g redcurrants
- 40g raw unrefined cane sugar
- ½ lime, juice
- Pinch of salt
- 5g Irish Moss
- 250ml filtered water
- 100g hemp hearts
- 100g almonds, blanched
- 75g xylitol
- 30g cacao butter
- 30g coconut oil
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- ½ lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- 100g dates, destoned
- 50g sultanas
- 50g coconut flakes
- 50g cacao nibs
- 50g pecans
- In a high-speed food processor mix together the dates, sultanas, coconut, cacao nibs and pecan until it forms a gelled consistency.
- Place the tart shells on top of acetate paper on a baking tray. Cut the acetate paper so that it can go round the edge of the tart shells. If you don’t have tart shells, use a cake tin with a loose bottom – which line with parchment paper and parchment paper round the sides.
- Use your hands and pat to form a cacao biscuit. Repeat with each tart shell. Refrigerate overnight.
- Make the filling by soaking the Irish Moss in 150ml water and set aside overnight. Soak the almonds in the remaining 100ml water and set aside overnight too.
- In a high-speed blender and blend the hemp, almonds and xylitol until fine. Add in the Irish Moss. Continue to blend.
- Melt the cacao butter over a bain-marie (i.e. in a glass bowl over a saucepan full of water) until the butter melts. Pour into the blender with the hemp filling.
- Add in the coconut oil, vanilla extract, juice and salt. Combine.
- Transfer the filling into a large mixing bowl and then spoon the filling on top of the cacao biscuit. Place the cheesecake the freezer for at least a couple of hours.
- Make the topping by whizzing together the redcurrants, sugar, lime juice and salt in a blender. Pour over the cheesecake. Return to the freezer for at least a couple of hours or until ready to serve.
- When serving remove the acetate paper (you can reuse the acetate paper again) and serve on some dinky plates.