Roasted Maple Syrup Carrots with Sesame Seed
Roasted carrots are simply nourishing. Equally, using maple syrup draws out the succulent flavours of the carrots and the sesame seeds really adds colour to this dish.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Sides
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, Paleovegan
- 1kg carrots
- 4tsb maple syrup
- 6tsb extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1tbs sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius.
- Peel the skin and cut the carrots into diagonal chunks. Place in a baking tray.
- Mix the maple syrup, olive oil and minced garlic. Coat the carrots.
- Roast the carrots for about 10 minutes. Toss over the sesame seeds and continuing baking for a further 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.