- 1kg sweet potatoes
- 2tbs coconut oil
- 2tbs linseeds, grounded
- 6tsp water
- 200g “00” doppio flour
- 100g carob powder
- 100g raisins
- 50g mixed nuts
- 250g dates, chopped
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 180g Celsius.
- Place the sweet potatoes in an ovenproof dish. Using a pastry brush, brush over the coconut oil. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until you are able to slide a knife through the potato with ease. Set to one side.
- Take the grounded linseeds and mix into a smooth paste with the water. Place into a food mixer.
- Sieve in the flour and add the carob powder. Mix well.
- Discard the skin of the sweet potatoes. And, add the potatoes to the flour. Combine well.
- Fold in the raisins, nuts and dates.
- Line a baking tray with coconut oil. Line with a piece of baking parchment. Pat the mixture into the bottom and sides of the tray.
- Bake the mixture in the oven for 20 minutes. It should still have a moist texture.
- Remove from the oven and set to one side on a rack.
- Once cooled down, cut into squares.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
If you want to uncover your purpose and live a more enriching life, why not purchase my book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism”?
Thanks for viewing my recipes and interviews.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media IT IP Solicitor | Author | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society