- For the crust
- 700 sweet potatoes
- 25g sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 250g vegan cream
- pinch of salt
- a few sprigs of dill
- For the filling
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 200g walnuts
- 100g olives, de-stoned
- 2 medium fennel
- ½ lemon, juice and zest
- a few sprigs of thyme
- pinch of salt
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the skin of the sweet potatoes and grate. Place in a large bowl with the sundried tomatoes, vegan cream, salt and dill.
- Sauté the onion in olive oil until the onion turns translucent. Set to one side in a large mixing bowl.
- Place the walnuts into a chopper and roughly chop.
- Place the fennel, with the olives, lemon juice and zest, thyme and salt and whizz until the fennel is roughly blended.
- Add the walnuts, fennel mixture and chopped tomatoes to the onions and combine well.
- Layer the walnut meat filling at the bottom of a large baking tray. Smooth over with the back of a spatula.
- Pour over the sweet potato topping and smooth over with the back of a spatula. Cover with aluminium foil and back in the oven for about an hour.
- Serve warm
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
To find out more of what is happening in my life, journey, and travels – as I balance work as a full-time solicitor, being a vegan chef and creating new recipes, speaking at vegan events on animal rights, the environment, spirituality and activism in the United Kingdom and abroad, and write my next book then follow me:
Or, self-published, order your copy of my first book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” in the three part “Circle of Food” series which is currently out here. Reviews of this book can be found on Amazon here.
My second book in the “Circle of Food” series is entitled “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” covers animal rights/welfare and liberation (using my skills as a lawyer), spiritual chapters on living in the present, balancing the masculine and feminine, the Mandela effect, the Universal laws, and has even more recipes and poetry is out in 2020.
As I self-fund all my activities from my work as a solicitor – including self-publishing and attending events it is matter of living in alignment and the Universe in its wisdom will provide – and, of course, I have time to balance it all and simply create.
My end goal is to host my own T.V. show on vegan recipes and on veganism. Please support me in my quest.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | IP Solicitor | Author | Poet | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society