- 1 fennel, sliced, with bottom and inner core removed
- 2 leeks, stripped, quartered and diced
- 5 tablespoons of walnut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 400ml coconut milk, rich and creamy
- 3 cloves of garlic
- small bunch of thyme leaves
- 50g walnuts
- Season to taste
- For vegetable stock
- 1 litre filtered water
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 sticks of celery, sliced
- To make the stock, place the potato, carrots and celery with water into a medium pan. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for about 30 minutes. Remove from the heat. Drain and keep the liquid but discard these vegetables.
- In a large pan, add 4 tablespoons of walnut oil and onion. Cook the onions until they soften.
- Add the vegetable stock and coconut milk. Mix in the fennel, leeks, garlic and thyme. Bring to the boil and reduce to a medium heat for about 15 minutes. Switch off the heat.
- In a frying pan, toast the walnuts in the remaining oil over a low heat for a couple of minutes.
- Season to taste and garnish with the walnuts.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef