Viscous fragrant nutty Almond Butter slathered and dry roasted and blended to release nourishing oils and opulent toasted intense flavours.
Get something steamy and slushy inside you. And, get into a tizzy.
This dish will distinguish any belief that vegan food can’t be made with simple ingredients in your pantry
- When you’re up for making a sultry chocolate sauce recipe with rich flavoursome almond butter to give it that extra decadence
- When you’ve run out of brekkie ideas. On skillet toasted bread, pomegranates, strawberries and blueberries. Oh you are making me hungry
- When you’re out of fun ideas for vegan sandwiches. Look no further than a little of toasty butter
Almond Butter was inspired when creating a creating a decadent chocolate sauce recipe that used this butter. I had wanted my own home-made version of this butter. And, it really added some umph.
Almond Butter is vegan, paleo and a condiment.
What equipment to use
For this recipe, I suggest:
High speed blender
What to do next
Tag me on @ethiveganquantum on Instagram to show me what you’ve made and let me know you’re happy for me to share.
My recipes are featured in vegan speciality publications: Nourished, Vegan Life, Plant Based and Vegan, Food and Living.
Order my first self-published book, “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” part of the three-part Circle of Food series. My second book “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” – which explores how to maintain a vegan practice is out in 2027 – I have compiled all the chapters including recipes.
Going strong since 2013.
- 400g almonds
- 6tbs olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Blanch the almonds by soaking in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and soak in fresh boiling water for a further 10 minutes. Deskin and place in a colander.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius, or if a convection oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Lay the almonds flat on a large baking tray. Cover with aluminium foil and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Place the almonds in a high-speed processor with olive oil and pinch of salt and churn at a low to medium speed for about 20 minutes.
- Place the almond butter into a sterilised jar and serve as necessary.