Peanut Butter and Blueberry Blasts
Cooking has always been one of my greatest passions. Last night was no different, with a bunch of friends over for dinner, I thought I would make these Blasts! This dish is gluten-free, though it can be used with regular plain flour instead, for those that are not coeliacs. Blueberries are rich in potent antioxidant pro-anthocyanins, which help limit free radical mediated injury. These Peanut Butter and Blueberry Blasts are an alternative to brownies and exceptionally scrumptious!
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Dessert, Snack
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free
- 125g gluten free plain flour
- 1tsp gluten free baking powder
- 100g coconut oi
- 175g unrefined raw cane sugar
- ½ banana
- 1tbp vanilla extract
- 150g crunchy peanut butter
- 100g blueberries
- 20 x 20cm square cake tin
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C (325°F). Gas mark 3.
- Butter sides of the cake tin and line base with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream the butter, sugar, banana and vanilla extract.
- Add the peanut butter until combined.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a small bowl and add to above mixture, which will form a dough.
- Turn off the mixer. Using a plastic spatula spoon in the blueberries.
- Place the dough in the prepared tin and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and slightly soft in the centre.
- Use a knife around the side of the cake tin and allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the tin and serve up warm with nut cream.