- 200g broccoli
- 500ml vegetable stock (made with filtered water)
- 200g Amaranth grains
- 1 red onion
- 3 tbs walnut oil
- bunch of spring onions, chopped
- 1 pomegranate, deseeded
- Season to taste
- Boil the vegetable stock. Add the broccoli and cook for a couple of minutes. Remove the broccoli using a slotted spoon and set to one side.
- Top tip: the reason to do it this way is to ensure that the nutrients in the broccoli remain in the dish.
- Place the Amaranth in the stock. Gently cook over a low heat for about 35 minutes. The Amaranth should soften and retain its grainy texture.
- Fry the red onion in the walnut oil , until translucent and set to one side.
- Once the Amaranth is cooked, take off the heat. Toss in the broccoli, red onion, spring onion and pomegranate. Stir.
- Season to taste.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
To find out more of what is happening in my life, journey, and travels – as I balance work as a full-time solicitor, being a vegan chef and creating new recipes, speaking at vegan events on animal rights, the environment, spirituality and activism in the United Kingdom and abroad, and write my next book then follow me:
Or, self-published, order your copy of my first book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” in the three part “Circle of Food” series which is currently out here. Reviews of this book can be found on Amazon here.
My second book in the “Cirlce of Food” series is entitled “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” covers animal rights/welfare and liberation (using my skills as a lawyer), spiritual chapters on living in the present, balancing the masculine and feminine, the Mandela effect, the Universal laws, and has even more recipes and poetry is out in 2020.
As I self-fund all my activities from my work as a solicitor – including self-publishing and attending events it is matter of living in alignment and the Universe in its wisdom will provide – and, of course, I have time to balance it all and simply create.
My end goal is to host my own T.V. show on vegan recipes and on veganism. Please support me in my quest.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Digital Information and Media Solicitor | Author | Poet | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society
- Amaranth Harvest (edenhallfarm.wordpress.com)
- What’s the Difference Between Scallions, Green Onions, and Spring Onions? – Word of Mouth (thekitchn.com)
- The onion varieties worth growing (telegraph.co.uk)
- The Best Cooking Oils You’ve Never Heard Of (ubiquinol.org)