- 200g broccoli
- 500ml vegetable stock (made with filtered water)
- 200g Amaranth grains
- 1 red onion
- 3 tbs walnut oil
- bunch of spring onions, chopped
- 1 pomegranate, deseeded
- Season to taste
- Boil the vegetable stock. Add the broccoli and cook for a couple of minutes. Remove the broccoli using a slotted spoon and set to one side.
- Top tip: the reason to do it this way is to ensure that the nutrients in the broccoli remain in the dish.
- Place the Amaranth in the stock. Gently cook over a low heat for about 35 minutes. The Amaranth should soften and retain its grainy texture.
- Fry the red onion in the walnut oil , until translucent and set to one side.
- Once the Amaranth is cooked, take off the heat. Toss in the broccoli, red onion, spring onion and pomegranate. Stir.
- Season to taste.
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef