- 100g pumpkin seeds
- 150g dates, destoned
- 50g coconut, shredded
- 125g cocoa butter
- 200g rhubarb
- 50g unrefined raw cane sugar
- 250ml oat cream
- Line the base of 9-inch round loose-bottomed cake tin with baking paper.
- Soak the pumpkin seeds in water for about 20 minutes. Set to one side.
- Melt the cocoa butter in a baine marie or in a glass bowl perched over warm water over a stove. Make sure that the butter stays in the bowl. Keep stirring until melted.
- Chop the rhubarb finely before placing into a food processor. Blend in the sugar and oat cream. Add the melted cocoa butter and transfer to a bowl. Set to one side.
- Drain the pumpkin seeds and add to the food processor with the coconut and dates. Blend until the mixture is bound.
- With the flat side of the spatula press the pumpkin mixture into the round cake tin and smooth into a flat base. Cover with baking paper or clingfilm and place in the refrigerator for about an hour to allow to set.
- Use the flat side of the spatula to smooth over the rhubarb mixture to the pumpkin mixture base.
- Return to the fridge for about a further hour and serve.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
If you want to uncover your purpose and live a more enriching life, why not purchase my book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism”?
Thanks for viewing my recipes and interviews.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media IT IP Solicitor | Author | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society