- 100g pumpkin seeds
- 150g dates, destoned
- 50g coconut, shredded
- 125g cocoa butter
- 200g rhubarb
- 50g unrefined raw cane sugar
- 250ml oat cream
- Line the base of 9-inch round loose-bottomed cake tin with baking paper.
- Soak the pumpkin seeds in water for about 20 minutes. Set to one side.
- Melt the cocoa butter in a baine marie or in a glass bowl perched over warm water over a stove. Make sure that the butter stays in the bowl. Keep stirring until melted.
- Chop the rhubarb finely before placing into a food processor. Blend in the sugar and oat cream. Add the melted cocoa butter and transfer to a bowl. Set to one side.
- Drain the pumpkin seeds and add to the food processor with the coconut and dates. Blend until the mixture is bound.
- With the flat side of the spatula press the pumpkin mixture into the round cake tin and smooth into a flat base. Cover with baking paper or clingfilm and place in the refrigerator for about an hour to allow to set.
- Use the flat side of the spatula to smooth over the rhubarb mixture to the pumpkin mixture base.
- Return to the fridge for about a further hour and serve.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef