Raw Rhubarb Pie
Raw Rhubarb Pie came about because I had rhubarb in the fridge. I had purchased it on a whim. This has been through a few iterations to get the desired result and texture.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian, Raw
- 100g pumpkin seeds
- 150g dates, destoned
- 50g coconut, shredded
- 125g cocoa butter
- 200g rhubarb
- 50g unrefined raw cane sugar
- 250ml oat cream
- Line the base of 9-inch round loose-bottomed cake tin with baking paper.
- Soak the pumpkin seeds in water for about 20 minutes. Set to one side.
- Melt the cocoa butter in a baine marie or in a glass bowl perched over warm water over a stove. Make sure that the butter stays in the bowl. Keep stirring until melted.
- Chop the rhubarb finely before placing into a food processor. Blend in the sugar and oat cream. Add the melted cocoa butter and transfer to a bowl. Set to one side.
- Drain the pumpkin seeds and add to the food processor with the coconut and dates. Blend until the mixture is bound.
- With the flat side of the spatula press the pumpkin mixture into the round cake tin and smooth into a flat base. Cover with baking paper or clingfilm and place in the refrigerator for about an hour to allow to set.
- Use the flat side of the spatula to smooth over the rhubarb mixture to the pumpkin mixture base.
- Return to the fridge for about a further hour and serve.
High in protein
Calories: 241cal Fat: 18g Sugar: 16g Sodium: 1mg Protein: 17g