Baked Brussel Sprout Puy Lentil Stew with Sour Cherries and Pomegranates
Baked Brussel Sprout Puy Lentil Stew with Sour Cherries and Pomegranates is one of those wholesome winter dishes full of vibrancy, and layered with taste and aromas. I made this dish recently for a friend over for dinner. I wanted to have rich complex flavours.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Main
- 100g puy lentils
- 30g sour cherries
- 1tbs maple syrup
- 1 onion
- 3tbs olive oil
- 200g Brussel sprouts
- 75ml red wine
- 75ml water
- 1tbs tamari
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1tsp lavender
- 1tsp fennel seeds
- ½ lime, juice and zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 30g pomegranates
- Pressure cook the puy lentils for 30minutes. Set to one aside.
- Soak the sour cherries in maple syrup. Set to one side.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Sauté the onions in oil until the onions turn translucent.
- In a mixing bowl mix together the wine, water, tamari, garlic, lavender, fennel, lime. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place into an oven proof dish with the onions and oil.
- Stir in the sour cherries and maple syrup. Mix in the puy lentils.
- Add the Brussel sprouts and the pomegranates on top.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until the Brussel sprouts turn a crispy brown colour.
- Serve with potatoes or rice.