Recipe: Baked Sweet Potatoes with Walnut Three Seed Filling
Recent posts of sweet potatoes I saw on friend’s posts inspired this Baked Sweet Potatoes recipe; I wanted to create something filling and nourishing using ingredients I could find in my pantry.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, Paleovegan
- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 2tbs coconut oil
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g sesame seeds
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g walnuts
- 100ml oat cream
- 1tbs tahini paste
- 2 spring onions
- salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius.
- Soak the seeds and walnuts in filtered water.
- Place the sweet potatoes in an ovenproof dish. Using a pastry brush, brush over the coconut oil. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until you are able to slide a knife through the potato with ease. Set to one side.
- Drain the water from the seeds and walnuts. Place into a food processor and whizz with the cream and tahini paste. Season to taste.
- Serve the sweet potatoes with the filling.
Calories: 602cal Fat: 40g Carbohydrates: 45g Sugar: 11g Sodium: 420mg Protein: 16g