- 200g haricot beans
- 2tbs flaxseed, ground
- 5tbs filtered water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2tsb olive oil
- 1tbs coriander powder
- 1tbs cumin seeds
- 1tbs fennel seeds
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ inch ginger
- ½ lemon, juice
- 125g oats, ground
- 1 large beetroot, grated
- Oil for frying
- Soak the beans in filtered water for a period of overnight.
- Cook the beans in a pressure cooker for about 25 minutes. Drain and leave to one side.
- Mix the flaxseeds with water and set to one side.
- Sauté the onions in oil until translucent.
- Once the beans have cooled down, place into a food processor with the remaining ingredients except the beetroot, oats and flaxseeds mixture.
- Place beans into a large mixing bowl. Add the beetroot, oats and flaxseed mixture and knead.
- Have a bowl to one side with lukewarm water to dip your hands into now and again.
- Mix the ingredients if your hands and taking a small handful make into a round circle. Keep repeating till you use up the mixture. Keep refrigerated until ready to eat. This mixture will keep for about a day.
- To heat up gently sauté the bean burgers in oil until lightly browned on both sides.
- Serve on its own or in a bap.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef