Beetroot Haricot Bean Burgers
Beetroot Haricot Bean Burgers came about because I wanted to create something rich, colourful and nourishing. These burgers are gluten-free so that as many people can thoroughly enjoy them.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free
- 200g haricot beans
- 2tbs flaxseed, ground
- 5tbs filtered water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2tsb olive oil
- 1tbs coriander powder
- 1tbs cumin seeds
- 1tbs fennel seeds
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ inch ginger
- ½ lemon, juice
- 125g oats, ground
- 1 large beetroot, grated
- Oil for frying
- Soak the beans in filtered water for a period of overnight.
- Cook the beans in a pressure cooker for about 25 minutes. Drain and leave to one side.
- Mix the flaxseeds with water and set to one side.
- Sauté the onions in oil until translucent.
- Once the beans have cooled down, place into a food processor with the remaining ingredients except the beetroot, oats and flaxseeds mixture.
- Place beans into a large mixing bowl. Add the beetroot, oats and flaxseed mixture and knead.
- Have a bowl to one side with lukewarm water to dip your hands into now and again.
- Mix the ingredients if your hands and taking a small handful make into a round circle. Keep repeating till you use up the mixture. Keep refrigerated until ready to eat. This mixture will keep for about a day.
- To heat up gently sauté the bean burgers in oil until lightly browned on both sides.
- Serve on its own or in a bap.