Full-bodied buttery earthy sweet Beluga bean Dip infused with cumin, lemon, jalapeno, garlic and bitter parsley.
Succumb to temptation. And, indulge.
This dish will topple your belief that vegan food can’t be simple to rustle up.
- When you’ve had a day full of intense activity and some nourishing protein will have you back on the racing track in no time
- When you’ve had a long day in the office and need a little pick me up
- When you’ve got a soiree and some wholesome dips will have your guests treating themselves as you host
Beluga Bean Dip was inspired when having a reunited party with friends whom I’d not seen for some time.
Beluga beans are rich in protein and fibre. They are a good source of phytonutrients and antioxidants which help the fight against chronic illnesses.
Beluga Bean Dip is vegan and a condiment.
What equipment to use
For this recipe, I suggest:
What to do next
Tag me on @ethiveganquantum on Instagram to show me what you’ve made and let me know you’re happy for me to share.
My recipes are featured in vegan speciality publications: Nourished, Vegan Life, Plant Based and Vegan, Food and Living.
Order my first self-published book, “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” part of the three-part Circle of Food series. My second book “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” – which explores how to maintain a vegan practice is out in 2027 – I have compiled all the chapters including recipes.
Going strong since 2013.
- 100g beluga beans
- 2tbs olive oil
- 1 shallot
- 2 gloves of garlic
- ½ jalapeno pepper, deseeded
- 1 tomato
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1tbs lemon, juice
- Few sprigs of parsley
- Season to taste
- Pressure-cook the beluga beans in water for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside. (I have a habit of soaking these - but it is unnecessary).
- Sauté the shallots until translucent. Toss in the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes. Transfer to a food processor.
- Blanche the tomato in boiling water and remove the skin.
- Add the tomato and remaining ingredients including the beans into the food processor. Season to taste.
- Serve with bread or crackers. Place any leftovers in a sealed container.