Give into temptation. And, indulge.
Full-bodied buttery earthy sweet Beluga bean Dip infused with cumin, lemon, jalapeno, garlic and bitter parsley.
This dish will topple your belief that vegan food can’t be simple to rustle up.
- When you’ve had a day full of intense activity and some nourishing protein will have you back on the racing track in no time
- When you’ve had a long day in the office and need a little pick me up
- When you’ve got a soiree and some wholesome dips will have your guests treating themselves as you host
Beluga Bean Dip was inspired when having a reunited party with friends whom I’d not seen for some time.
Beluga beans are rich in protein and fibre. They are a good source of phytonutrients and antioxants which help the fight against chronic illnesses.
Beluga Bean Dip is vegan and a condiment.
- 100g beluga beans
- 2tbs olive oil
- 1 shallot
- 2 gloves of garlic
- ½ jalapeno pepper, deseeded
- 1 tomato
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1tbs lemon, juice
- Few sprigs of parsley
- Season to taste
- Pressure-cook the beluga beans in water for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside. (I have a habit of soaking these - but it is unnecessary).
- Sauté the shallots until translucent. Toss in the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes. Transfer to a food processor.
- Blanche the tomato in boiling water and remove the skin.
- Add the tomato and remaining ingredients including the beans into the food processor. Season to taste.
- Serve with bread or crackers. Place any leftovers in a sealed container.