Tantalising cauliflower that’ll get you intoxicated for more. And, enjoy.
Cauliflower with kalamata olives marinaded in molasses, cider vinegar, turmeric and mustard seeds; Cauliflower Tartare.
This dish will topple any beliefs that vegan food can’t be simple to put together.
- When you’re looking for a companion ingredient to go with your toast/bread that’ll have you grabbing the jar for more
- When you’ve just come back from playing tennis and need to grab a quick snack on the go
- When you’ve had a long night and woke up with a hangover and need a dish that’s not too complex to rustle up
Cauliflower Tartare was inspired when defying the mystery of climbing Snowdonia with a fellow hiker friend and running up and down the mountain and subsequently returning to our homestead to rustle up a wholesome dish to satiate our weary legs.
Tartare has its origin from the Tartars of Tartaria that would tenderise their produce while riding the saddle through rough terrains. A tartare is small tender sweet cuts of raw vegetable. Cauliflower Tartare is one of those lush appetisers packed with flavour and gets the palette going. It’s pure simplicity and elegance.
Cauliflower Tartare is vegan, paleo and raw.
- Medium Cauliflower head
- 2tbs olive oil
- 2tbs grape molasses
- 3tbs cider vinegar
- 1tsp turmeric powder
- 1tsp mustard seeds
- 50g Kalamata olives, pitted
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces and place in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, make the marinade together the oil, molasses, vinegar, turmeric and mustard seeds.
- Pit the olives and dice into smaller chunks.
- Add the cauliflower and olives to the marinade. Leave to marinade for at least a day.
- Place in sterilised jars, serve and chill, as necessary.