Chive Corn Fritters
I recently made these as a starter for friends who came over for dinner. It was simple to rustle up and the batter keeps for days in the fridge.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Starter, Snacks
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free
- Corn from 2 kernals of sweet corn (measures about 300g)
- 2tbs Chia seeds, grinded
- 210ml almond milk
- 1tsp baking powder
- 150g buckwheat flour
- smoked paprika, pinch
- 1tbs liquid amino
- 8 spring onions, finely chopped
- ½ bunch of chives, chopped
- salt and pepper to season
- Extra virgin olive oil to cook
- Cut the corn from the kernels. Grind half of the kernals and leave the other half to the side.
- In a large bowl, place the minced kernals and chia seeds. Stir in the milk. Mix well.
- Sieve in the flour and baking powder. Add the paprika and combine thoroughly until the mixture forms a batter.
- Lastly add the remaining corn, spring onions and chives. Add the liquid amino and season to taste. Set to one side for a couple of hours or overnight.
- When ready to eat, heat the oil in a frying pan. Make sure the oil coats all the sides. Drop a spoonful of batter into the pan and using a spatula gently flatten.
- Top tip – I normally heat the oil at high heat and then reduce to a medium to low heat when I add the batter.
- Cook the fritters until a golden brown on either side.
- Serve immediately with your favourite sauce. I serve mine with a coriander mint dip - more on that later...