Grab something moist and lush. And, lounge.
Rich moist fudgy Cranberry Chocolate Brownies with an aduki bean base topped with bittersweet tart cranberries.
This dish will evaporate any belief vegan food can’t be super yummy.
- When you’ve had a challenging day and need an intoxicating dessert that’ll toss all your cares away
- When you’ve got your bestie over for natter and need a dessert that’ll have you both chattering into the wee hours
- When it’s Christmas and you need a little pick me over the Twelve Days of Christmas
Cranberry Chocolate Brownies was inspired when celebrating putting up the Christmas Tree decorations and having a wee treat combining chocolate and cranberries.
Cranberry Chocolate Brownies is vegan and gluten-free.
- 150g aduki beans
- 25g almonds, blanched ground
- 25g millet
- 50g cacao powder
- 100g raw unrefined cane sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 100ml filtered water
- 50ml oil
- 150g cranberries
- Pressure cook aduki beans for 30 minutes. Drain and place on a sieve. Set to one side.
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius or if you have a fan oven 160 degrees Celsius.
- Line a cake tin with olive oil or a 12 mini cake tray
- In a high-food processor grind the almonds, millet, sugar and salt. Transfer to the mixing bowl and swirl in with a spatula.
- Stir in the aduki beans into the dry mixture.
- Add into the brownie mixture the water and oil.
- Toss in the cacao powder.
- Distribute the brownies into the tray in equal measure.
- Chop the cranberries in a chop and spoon onto the brownes.
- Cover the tray in aluminium foil and bake in the oven for 25 minutes
- Remove from heat and set to one side until cool.