Chocolate Cranberry Bean Cake
Cranberry Chocolate Brownies are moist and just enough sugar for it to be sweet. These Cranberry Chocolate Brownies make a great gluten-free dessert.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Brownie, Dessert
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian
- 200g aduki beans
- 10g oats
- 50g cacoa powder
- 75g coconut nectar blossom (or raw unrefined cane sugar)
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 100ml filtered water
- 100ml oil
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 150g cranberries
- Soak the aduki beans for a couple of hours.
- Place the aduki beans in a pressure cooker for 30 minutes. Switch off heat and set to one side. Drain.
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius or if you have a fan oven 160 degrees Celsius.
- Grind the oats and place with cacoa powder, coconut nectar and bicarbonate of soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the aduki beans into the dry mixture.
- Add into the brownie mixture the water, oil and vanilla essence.
- Roughly chop the cranberries and toss into the brownie mixture but do not overly stir.
- Line an baking tray with oil and baking paper. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set to one side until cool.
- Top with icing of your choice, if preferred.
- Add the sugar, oil and cranberries. Using a dough hook mix well.
- Place the chocolate and the vegetable shortening in a glass bowl over boiling water. Once melted add to the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Take a large baking tray and lightly brush with olive oil. Line with baking paper.
- Using a spatula, drip the chocolate cranberry bean mixture into the baking tray.
- Bake the cake in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Serve cold.