Fennel and Grape in Peppercorn and Mustard Sauce
Fennel and Grape in Peppercorn and Mustard Sauce is an appetising throw together dish that juxtaposes flavours and a great dinner party treat. It’s also nice to just eat with dear ones too. It’s so easy to use oats – they are so versatile and act as natural binders in dishes.
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Main
- 500ml filtered water
- 20g oats
- 2 fennel bulbs, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Few sprigs of dill
- Few peppercorns
- 100g grapes
- Place the oats and water in a sauce pan and bring to a medium heat. Stir consistently for a few minutes until the oats start to thicken.
- Add the oil, onions and shallot and stir for a few minutes more until the onions start to soften.
- Stir in the mustard and season to taste. Toss in the dill.
- Garnish with a few peppercorns and top with fresh grapes.
- Serve with boiled or mashed potatoes and vegetables.