- 100g millet
- 100g buckwheat
- 50g tapioca flour
- 1tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 150ml olive oil
- 120g dates
- 1 orange, juice
- 2 cardamom pods
- ½ nutmeg, grated
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground (or small piece of cinnamon stick ground)
- 1 inch ginger
- 300g carrots, grated
- 100g raisins
- 100g walnuts
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius or if you have a fan oven 160 degrees Celsius.
- Line a cake tin with olive oil and set to one side.
- In a food processor, grind the buckwheat and millet granules with the tapioca flour, baking soda and salt. Set to one side in a large mixing bowl.
- Place the nutmeg, cinnamon and cardamom seeds into a chopper and whizz till fine. Add these ingredients to the mixing bowl together with the carrots, raisins and walnuts.
- Destone the dates and put into a food processor with the oil and orange juice and leave to one side. Stir this wet mixture into the dry. Combine well and dish into the cake tin.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes until the crust turns into a light golden colour.
- Remove from heat and set to one side until cool.
- Top with icing of your choice, if preferred.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef