- 4tbs flaxseeds, ground
- 10tbs filtered water
- 150g millet
- 130g raw unrefined cane sugar
- 15g oats
- 150g quinoa flour
- 60g potato starch
- 2tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 160ml olive oil
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 180 degrees Celsius or if you have a fan oven 160 degrees Celsius.
- Line a cake tin (or two 7- or 8-inch cake tins) with olive oil and set to one side.
- Mix the flaxseeds with water and set to one side.
- In a food processor, grind the millet granules, oats and unrefined cane sugar. Place in a large mixing bowl with the quinoa flour, potato starch, baking soda and salt. Mix well and set to one side.
- Add the flaxseed mixture to the large mixing bowl and combine.
- Add in the oil and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Dish into the cake tin(s).
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until the crust turns into a light golden colour. Insert a skewer to test if it comes out clear to see if it is baked.
- Remove from heat and set to one side until cool.
- Top with icing of your choice, if preferred – and even some strawberry jam.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef