- 100g goji berries
- 100g sultanas
- 1kg apples, bramley
- 100ml filtered water
- pinch of salt
- 4tsb flaxseeds, ground
- ½ lemon, juice and zest
- 1 cinnamon stick, ground
- 25g baobab powder
- 50g brazil nuts, chopped
- Soak the goji berries and sultanas in filtered water and set to one side.
- Core the apples to remove the seeds. Leave the apples unskinned. Place in a large saucepan with the water and salt, and cover with a lid. Cook over a medium heat and stew the apples until they soften. This will take about 10 minutes. Place in a large serving dish or in serving bowls and set to one side.
- Place in a large bowl mix the flaxseeds, lemon juice and zest, cinnamon and baobab. Smooth on top of the apple stew.
- Drain the water from the goji berries and sultanas. Decorate the remaining ingredients on top of the apple stew.
- Serve with vegan cream or ice cream.
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
If you want to uncover your purpose and live a more enriching life, why not purchase my book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism”?
Thanks for viewing my recipes and interviews.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Media IT IP Solicitor | Author | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society