- For the pancake
- 200g kimchi
- 150ml reserved kimchi juice/almond milk
- 1tsp salt
- 150g plain flour
- 50g rice flour
- 1 bunch spring onion, chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil for frying
- For the dipping sauce
- 1tsb vinegar
- 1tsb soy sauce
- 1tsb sesame oil
- 1tsb sesame seeds
- Liquidise the kimchi in its juice with the milk and salt.
- In a large bowl, sieve the flour and whisk in the kimchi mixture until it has a smooth consistency.
- For best results, leave the batter overnight. Season to taste further if necessary.
- Top tip – I have made this Pancake many times, experimenting – and I think it is best to leave overnight, as it ensures that the eventual consistency is just right.
- The following day, add the spring onion to the batter.
- Heat the oil over a medium heat in a frying pan ensuring that the oil coats the bottom and sides.
- Pour the batter into the pan, spreading to form a thin layer. Cook the pancakes until golden brown on each side. This should take about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk together the vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and roasted sesame seeds (the dipping sauce).
- Serve the pancakes with the dipping sauce.
Thank you for taking the time to view my recipes, interviews and events pages. I hope I inspire you to make these recipes and also inspire you to become very best versions of yourself.
You can follow me on Instagram here (@ethivegan) where I have quick one minute update videos and for interviews and cooking demonstrations you can subscribe to my Youtube channel here. You can watch live cooking demonstrations by subscribing to my Facebook profile here (@ethivegan).
See you soon.
Edward Daniel | Vegan Chef