Mustard Peanut Butter Crumble
Most of my recipes are trial and error and the original recipe I had in mind, is dissimilar to the one that this turned out to be. Fortunately, I was not prepared to discard my hard efforts and the second time round, I was able to perfect this dish to what I wanted. Thankfully....
Author: Edward Daniel
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian
- 50g chickpeas
- 250ml water
- 65g semolina
- 125g-bulgur wheat
- 1tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- 3 onions
- 1 leek, chopped
- 200ml water
- 400g peanut butter
- 150g Tahini
- small bunch basil
- small bunch parsley
- 4tsp mustard
- Soak the chickpeas in fresh water and set to one side for 48 hours. Regularly wash, drain and add fresh water the chickpeas.
- When the chickpeas have rehydrated and you are ready to make this recipe, preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Blend the chickpeas in 100ml water.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the blended chickpeas, semolina and bulgur wheat and salt. Mix well and add 100ml water and set to one aside.
- Dice the onions and leek. Place both in a saucepan with a lid on top. Cook in 150ml of water until both vegetables wilt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the wilted onions with the leek, peanut butter, Tahini, basil, parsley and mustard.
- Line a large baking tray with dairy free butter.
- Spoon the mustard peanut butter mixture into the baking tray.
- Using your hands, crumble the chickpeas, semolina and bulgur wheat mixture and add to the top of the mustard peanut butter mixture.
- Bake the mustard peanut butter crumble for about 30 minutes until the surface of the crumble turns a lovely rich golden brown colour. Serve immediately.