- 6 lemons
- 6 oranges
- 1tbs salt
- For the syrup
- 500g unrefined cane sugar
- 750ml water
- Slice the fruit in half and squeeze out the juice. (Drink the orange juice and leave the lemon juice to make home-made lemonade). Place the peel into a large bowl. Cover with salt and filtered water. Place another bowl on top to hold down the peel. Leave to soak to one side for about 24 to 36 hours.
- Discard the water and place the peel in fresh filtered water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer on a very low heat for about 2 hours or until the peel is soft.
- Discard the water. Remove the peel and scrape out the flesh and the membrane leaving the pith and rind.
- In a large saucepan, make the syrup by dissolving the sugar in the water. Add the peel and simmer under a very low heat for about 30 minutes until the peel looks shiny and candied. Remove from heat.
- Place the candied peel with the syrup into sterilised glass jars straight away. Cover and store in the fridge until needed. (I normally use the peel to make mincemeat or with mincemeat I want to soak in brandy until the next year. Have a look at my mince pie recipe on here).
EthiVegan by Edward Daniel
What future would you like to paint? What I say is that it is possible to lead a fulfilling life by going within, living in alignment, letting go of the past and thriving on a vegan diet.
To find out more of what is happening in my life, journey, and travels – as I balance work as a full-time solicitor, being a vegan chef and creating new recipes, speaking at vegan events on animal rights, the environment, spirituality and activism in the United Kingdom and abroad, and write my next book then follow me:
Or, self-published, order your copy of my first book “Essence: The Beginner’s Guide to Veganism” in the three part “Circle of Food” series which is currently out here. Reviews of this book can be found on Amazon here.
My second book in the “Cirlce of Food” series is entitled “Presence: The Ascending Vegan” covers animal rights/welfare and liberation (using my skills as a lawyer), spiritual chapters on living in the present, balancing the masculine and feminine, the Mandela effect, the Universal laws, and has even more recipes and poetry is out in 2020.
As I self-fund all my activities from my work as a solicitor – including self-publishing and attending events it is matter of living in alignment and the Universe in its wisdom will provide – and, of course, I have time to balance it all and simply create.
My end goal is to host my own T.V. show on vegan recipes and on veganism. Please support me in my quest.
Love you all.
Edward Daniel | Servant to Humanity | Second Wave | Chef | Digital Information and Media Solicitor | Author | Poet | Presenter | Former Chair, The Vegan Society