Raw Gooseberry Compote with Saffron Yoghurt is a fusion Indian breakfast dish. Great to start of the day with Gooseberries cleaning the palate and giving that much needed energy boost. I love this dish as the yoghurt is blended with a pinch of saffron and nutmeg with a little rose water thrown in.
- 250g gooseberries
- 25g raw unrefined sugar cane
- 350g vegan yoghurt (preferably coconut for paleo)
- 50g raw unrefined sugar cane
- Pinch of saffron
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2tbs rose water
- Blend the gooseberries with the sugar in high-speed blender. Set aside.
- Place the yoghurt, sugar, saffron, nutmeg and rose water in a high-speed blender. Combine until the yoghurt turns a lush yellow colour.
- Serve the gooseberries with the yoghurt.